Quarterly Employment Law Update Webinars
Join us from the comfort of your desk, 4 times a year for our popular Employment Law Update Webinars. Free for NEHRA Members! Check here for upcoming dates, and click here to access our archived ELU Webinars!
Annual Legal Summit
This summit equips attendees with the tools needed to prepare for upcoming local and federal modifications and gives them a better overall picture of today’s employment law landscape. The day typically includes a combination of general sessions, breakouts and networking. Stay tuned for details on our 2021 summit, and access recordings of our Virtual 2020 Summit here!
Interested in speaking at the Summit? Click here for details and to submit a proposal. Interested in sponsorship? Click here for more information.
Virtual Legal Helpline – provided by Seyfarth Shaw, LLP
Employment Law information for HR practitioners in response to questions submitted by a NEHRA member. To utilize the Employment Law Center, visit our membership benefits access page to obtain the contact information for a Seyfarth attorney. *Please note: Due to malpractice and conflict reasons, Seyfarth Shaw cannot provide legal advice.
This valuable benefit provides NEHRA members with information and answers to questions including:
- Clarification of current New England employment laws, regulations and legal trends
- General information about how the law impacts HR practices
Examples of typical Employment Law Center questions:
- How frequently must employees in Massachusetts be paid?
- If an employee fails to return from FMLA leave, can I terminate his/her employment?
- Can an employer proscribe an employee's off duty conduct? For example, can we prevent an employee from moonlighting on the weekends or from smoking outside of work?
- We have operations in MA, RI and CT. What is the minimum wage in each state? Can we require employees to work on Sunday in those states? Do we have to pay a premium or overtime rate for Sunday work?
- We are considering hiring unpaid college interns. Is this permissible?
- What should be included in an employee's personnel file?
The Virtual Legal Helpline does not provide legal advice or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances. The helpline operates as a Q&A resource, rather than a library.