Quarterly Employment Law Update Webinars
Join us from the comfort of your desk, 4 times annually for our popular Employment Law Update Webinars. Free for NEHRA Members! Check upcoming dates.
Bloomberg BNA Legal Database
Complimentary access to over 1,000 relevant legal and legislative articles, checklists and sample forms. Access the database (must be logged into your NEHRA Membership account to access).
Employment Law Center – provided by Seyfarth Shaw, LLP
Employment Law information for HR practitioners in response to questions submitted by a NEHRA member. To utilize the Employment Law Center, visit our membership benefits access page to obtain the contact information for a Seyfarth attorney.
This valuable benefit provides NEHRA members with:
- Clarification of current New England employment laws, regulations and legal trends
- General information about how the law impacts HR practices
- Examples of typical Employment Law Center questions:
- How frequently must employees in Massachusetts be paid?
- If an employee fails to return from FMLA leave, can I terminate his/her employment?
- Can an employer proscribe an employee's off duty conduct? For example, can we prevent an employee from moonlighting on the weekends or from smoking outside of work?
- We have operations in MA, RI and CT. What is the minimum wage in each state? Can we require employees to work on Sunday in those states? Do we have to pay a premium or overtime rate for Sunday work?
- We are considering hiring unpaid college interns. Is this permissible?
- What should be included in an employee's personnel file?
The employment law center does not provide legal advice or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances. The Employment Law Centers operates as a Q&A resource, rather than a library.