Leadership Level HR:
your sights set on a leadership role?
yourself up for success by enrolling in our new Leadership Level HR Program!
This is a unique opportunity to prepare for
leadership from some of the best and brightest HR professionals in our region.
Over this four month program, they will take you from the fundamentals of
leadership through managing organizational change and onto leading at a global
level. Delivered in cohort style, the program offers a variety of learning
opportunities and platform to build a stronger network amongst other HR
the completion of the program, you will be better prepared to:
- Successfully lead a large HR function or an entire HR team
- Effectively apply the critical skills and competencies
required of today’s HR professionals
- Align your HR efforts with the business
- Assess your own strengths and limitations
- Leverage key relationships with other HR
participants will have:
- A minimum of 7 years of professional HR
- A proven readiness to take a leadership position within the next
- Support from direct manager
- The ability to commit the time to classroom,
homework and team projects as needed
7:30am - Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
8:00am - Program Begins
12:00pm - Program Adjourns
Members: $1299 Non-Members:
$1499 (includes a 1-year NEHRA membership)
of NEHRA’s Leadership Level HR Program will receive a certificate of completion
and will be recognized at the Awards Dinner at NEHRA’s 2015 Annual Conference on October 1 in Falmouth, MA.
is limited; all applicants will be evaluated for fit.
This program has been approved for 24.0 General Credit Hours.
NEHRA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information, visit the SHRM certification website at www.shrmcertification.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
September 10 - Module One: Learning to Lead
- Introduction to the HR Leadership Program
- Learn the fundamentals of leadership
- Discuss how leadership and management are
both complementary and different
September 24 - Module Two: Self Awareness: Achieving Career, Best Practices & Leadership Success
- Participate in the Leadership Executive Assessment (LEA) and an Individual Directions Inventory (IDI)
- Understand why successful leaders understand their strengths and limitations
- Learn the areas where you are most energized and engaged at work
- Build a specific leadership goals to achieve greater success
October 8 - Module Three: Becoming a Strategic Partner & Driving Operational Excellence
- What is "strategy”? and What is a "strategic partner”? discussion.
- Build business acumen and aligning HR with the business strategy
- Learn how to understand and shape company culture
- Discover fundamentals of Organization Design fundamentals
- Learn the art of policy design and implementation
- Understand how to manage organization and individual performance
- Learn Financials for HR Professionals
October 22 - Module Four: Managing Change
- Learn how to initiate Change; develop a change mindset in the business and involve key stakeholders
- Develop the ability to working with people, and teams in the business; networking and getting the right people together
- Learn strategies for implementing change, including planning and managing the change process and keeping people focused and motivated
November 5 - Module Five: Building a Culture of Talent
- Define Talent Management as a system
- Align Talent Management Strategy with Business Strategy
- Learn how to develop and conduct/facilitate
- Discover how to measure Talent Management Effectiveness
- Foster mentorship relationships throughout the organization
November 19 - Module Six: Leading Globally
- Discover how to leverage understanding to
create and maintain diversity at all levels of the multi-national organization
- Discuss Global Nuts and Bolts, including
understanding local labor laws, global comp and benefits design and managing