Tuesday, October 28, 2014
8:30am - 11:15am
Forefront Conference Center
404 Wyman Street
Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Henry Clinton-Davis, Partner, Arnold & Porter, London
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Please note this program is sold out!
Legal and HR Issues When Doing Business in the UK:
An Employment Law Update and A Review of Key Corporate & Commercial Issues
If you are a US-based HR professional or in-house lawyer responsible for handling employment or commercial/corporate issues that arise in your company's UK operations, this workshop is for you!
Employment Topics include:
- New rules on flexible working
- Who can apply to vary their working patterns?
- What's changed?
- Grounds for refusing
- The impact of sex discrimination rules
- New rules on shared parental leave - a revolution in family leave
- The vacation pay nightmare - big claims on the horizon
- Dealing with whistle-blowers
- Who counts as a whistle-blower
- Rights of whistle-blowers
- Problems with US reporting systems
- What to do with the wrongdoers
- Corporate/Commercial Overview
- Why the UK is still the perfect home for your European business
- Establishment: a quick, low-cost process
- Structuring for flexibility and efficiency
- What tax incentives are currently available?
- M&A in Europe - Tips and Traps
- How to structure the deal - assets versus shares
- Comparing US and UK approaches to acquisitions
- Approaching post-acquisition integration
Partner, Arnold & Porter, London
Henry Clinton-Davis, Head of the UK/EU Employment Law team at international law firm Arnold & Porter LLP, will explain some critical, recent developments in employment law that your business needs to be prepared for. Jeremy Willcocks, Head of UK/EU Corporate at Arnold & Porter and Ben Kieft, Senior Associate, will discuss key corporate and commercial issues facing companies that are new to the UK as well as those with an established UK presence. The goal is to provide you with an essential overview so that you are able to recognize and preempt problems and avoid the traps encountered by many US companies doing business in the UK.
$75 Members & Non-Members
NEHRA Registration Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received in writing at least 3 days prior to the workshop in order to receive a refund.
8:30am: Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking
9:00am: Program Begins
11:15am: Program Adjourns
HRCI Credit Information:
This program is under review for 2.0 general credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute. For more information about certification and recertification, please visit their homepage at http://www.hrci.org/. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.